Thursday, December 06, 2007

Simply No Sleep Tonight

I haven't been doing this for a while, working without sleep. To be honest, I need my sleep. I can't do that much overnights now. This is such a strong evidence of aging. Six years ago, I normally did my exam revision for a few nights, went to the exam directly and had a sleep afterwards. I did my Probability and Statistics exam in that way and still had a mark of 98 out of 100. I was good. A few nights without sleep wouldn’t have any effects on me at all back then. Now, I might as well just call the next day off.

But I have nothing on my schedule tomorrow. The weather is going to be upsetting, says the forecast. Stronger wind and shower give me no initiative to venture to my office tomorrow. I think I will take it easy. I am attempted to go down the city again but probably still have to see what the weather suggests.

I was going to do some work in the evening. As I am moaning here now, I think we all know how that went. A friend online told me he was playing Guild Wars, a good online game, which totally stimulated my desire of gaming. I dare not to start my online gaming again, too addictive. So I spent a few hours playing the arcade simulator. I also wanted to write something comforting for another friend who was a little blue recently. Unfortunately, I found myself totally incompetent to do so and ended up sending him some rubbish. Hopefully, he will get a laugh on my stupidity and take his mind off the troubles for a minute or two. Then, here I am, midnight, works undone.

However, like most of other scholar you might see (is it just fun to call myself a scholar), I actually like to work nights. Nights are quite and offer much less distractions. I do find it much easier to concentrate. Moreover, I have got huge piles of work to finish now. Besides my thesis, I still have 6000 words worth of casual work to finish in ten days.

How could I leave so many works undone till now? I think I have recovered from my ‘low phase’ that is a period of time I feel low for all kinds of ridiculous reasons and use them as the excuses to skip work, exercise and any other things that are supposed to be good to me. I am proudly to say that it is gone for now, though I have no idea when it will return. I might just use tonight as a start to get some work done first seriously.

Coffee is ready.

The picture is taken by Rob, where http://www.flickr.com/photos/robinlondon gives more

No comments:

[Homepage] ----- [Gallery] ----- [Guest Book] ----- [Yang's Blog Lab]