Saturday, November 17, 2007

An Unhealthy Desire

Desire, is always a temping word. I have many desires. Who don't? I desire for career, for money, for a ridiculously big mansion and all the other usual clichés. And I also share the desire with millions of single people, the relationship. But, just all of sudden, I found that my desire of such has become so unhealthy and I am starting to worry about it.

Love experts who write columns at some news paper's 10th or 100th page must have the ability to list out hundreds of reasons for the existence of the desire for relationship, based on all perspectives: science, emotion, horoscope, big fat crystal ball, and so forth. I don't really read columns that often, so I was trying to work out where I got such strong desire of relationship and trying to save me a few pennies for paying news papers. Oh yeah, I am cheap alright.

If you prepare to continue your reading, I have to warn you that the following sound awful, strange, and don't make me good at all. So if you love me, please don't proceed because you will end up feel sorry for me. If you hate me, do not proceed, because that will just make you way too happy.

Well, here goes, the first reason: I think my desire for relationship is because being single is always the thing, which I am blame. Strange, isn't it? I guess every one of us has the period of time that everything is just not working out. We are not saint. We try to find something to blame. My unfortunate bachelorhood is what I can grab. I always thought that were I coupled, my life would’ve been so much easier. Even with my pea-sized brain, I know it is naive. But I just can't stop wandering. Ok, if you are laughing too hard, I will have to ask to you stop drooling for the sake of your keyboard, in case it has run out of warranty.

The second I shall say is jealousy. That's even stranger. This probably contributes to the amplifying of my desire. Simply speaking, most of my friends are either married or coupled. Technically, as a good friend as I am, I should be happy for them. I seriously do. The feeling of jealousy just coming as buy one get one free, something you can't help. Is it just lucky to be my friend? Hopefully, most of them don't read my blog. This feels like that when I was then, very kid was getting their own bike and I then wanted a bike of mine so much. I's like I have turned everything into a competition and I am loosing if I am the one who is single. I know this must have made my brain shrinks even more. Btw, Jyri, I am seriously happy for you.

Now, we come to the third. Well, just for the goodness's sake, I will put down reason as the old rotted saying of looking for love, looking for company and other blahs. The feeling of loneliness does hit me more frequently. Well, I cuddle my pillow and I have survived so far. Sadly, my pillows didn't make it. May those I trashed rest in peace.

I have been trying so hard in the writing of this not to use the word ‘desperate’. I think that really makes me sounds bad. But now, I realise it doesn't make a difference now. I'd go and wipe out the big L O O S E R off my face. You have had enough fun here. Go home!

No comments:

[Homepage] ----- [Gallery] ----- [Guest Book] ----- [Yang's Blog Lab]