Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I Am Legally Responsible...

I am obviously legally responsible for wrongly accusing ASDA, the biggest supermarket chain in UK.

It all started with a shopping at ASDA one day. I passed by the raw meat products section and found a box of lamb mince with a bit funny colour. A small bit of the mince appeared to be grey, a colour of which would make me suspect that bit of meat has been exposed to a high temperature. Then I recalled this programme I watched some time ago in BBC, which took undercover research on supermarket butchery. One of the cases was that a supermarket worker found the machine to mince the meat was broken as the mince came out cooked. Those mince then should be discarded. But they mixed the cooked mince with other mince and sealed to sell. Out of curiosity, I took a picture of the mince with my phone. I was thinking of summoning a staff but decided that I could do the evening without any argument of such. So I left.

Then, it was last night. I didn’t find anything else better to do than hanging around on a forum and I thought it would’ve been fun to ‘show off’ my proud evidence of careless ASDA. So I posted the picture saying that it was a box of mince with cooked meat from ASDA and I was expecting people argue if it indeed looked to be cooked or just a normal colour that can be expected in a box of mince. People did…but…

Soon, the replies started to highlight for my legal liability for making ‘public accusation’ of ASDA without real facts. Experts said that I should only do so if I bought that box and sent them to a place called…EHO (I don’t even know what EHO is, some sort of watchdog is my wild guess -_-0).

When I was trying to defend myself saying that I didn’t think that far as some sort of public accusation but just want to post something fun, my fake make up was soon penetrated by people with shining eyes. Other replies soon reveal my carefully structured conspiracy as I didn’t buy the mince yet I took a picture of it and then posted it on a public website. With all the evidence, legal experts in the following replies soon upgraded my behaviour into an ‘allegation towards ASDA’.

I have to admit that those were such a blow. I know my big mouth can get me trouble, but this is certainly not very testy. Obviously I am foolish, as pointed out by some replies of my thread, of trying to set up ASDA and making public ‘allegation’ against it. I did apologise at the end of the thread telling people that I am still a good boy. I guess I just didn’t think that people would take this post from that perspective. Doesn’t modern world surprise us? I should find out what EHO is.

No comments:

[Homepage] ----- [Gallery] ----- [Guest Book] ----- [Yang's Blog Lab]