Monday, July 17, 2006

Romantic Fantasy

My friend, Yu, was talking about the most romantic scene of his fantasy. He said the scene would be a raining day. He was running for a shelter. Suddenly, out of no where, a careless guy ran into him. Both of them fell over. Yu's documents were then all over the place. The careless guy who was also super handsome kindly helped him to put everything all together. They couldn't help laughing by looking at other and realised how funny they looked in the rain. They went for a warm cup of coffee afterwards and exchanged the number. A great romance of the history then began, at least in Yu's fantasy.

Yu might have watched too much TV. But this is then left to me to think about what is the most romantic scene in my dream. No matter we are aware of it or not, we all have one of such in our mind. So I start digging. There are so many things that are tagged with romance: flowers, champagne, beach, candles, lake…..and raining (apparently). When I am going through all these things I stop my step in front of a little thing, or rather an enormous thing: the star.
I always like just looking at the stars in the dark sky and trying to figure out all the constellations. England has a clear sky. Every time I happen to walk alone in the night, I can't help to raise my head. I look at the stars and I feel calm and peaceful. I can't remember any trouble I was going through in the day. Maybe that's the power of those sparkling fairies of the heaven. If I could, I will find a place to sit down, probably on a lawn and enjoy the moment. I need no drink or smoke to cheer me up. The happiness grows deep from me with no reason. The wrong I have fades and leaves me to be pure and clear. The little diamonds in the sky are magical that block all the sorrows away. They are the witness of countless the most romantic loves and I know they will be mine too.

Right this moment, a gentle breeze passed over and woke me from the fantasy. Suddenly, I felt a piece of me was empty and I started to seek a shoulder to rest, a hand to hold, a face to kiss, and a mind to share. The only thing missing in the romanic scene of mine was someone else. The lawn was still silent and the fairies were still sparkling up there. The romance of mine is still waiting for me in somewhere I haven't passed. So I collected myself and lighted a cigarette, and I realised that it would make me a cheap date.

No comments:

[Homepage] ----- [Gallery] ----- [Guest Book] ----- [Yang's Blog Lab]