Friday, January 04, 2008

Here Goes 2008

Ok, it is 2008 now and I know I have to write something here. It is rather a shame that I didn’t manage to get a post here in the New Year’s Eve. I was enjoying the telly way too much. Yeah, I know it is sad. But that was not the worst part yet. On the New Year’s Eve, I followed the old tradition of all man kind: I sent greeting SMS to all my friends. I planned it so well so they would get my message right after the midnight. Unfortunately, I forgot to get the quality of the 3’s network into account. Anyway, I sent them off and I waited. Of course I wanted some of them to message me back so I know my list of phone numbers were not totally out of date yet. The clock was ticking coldly and my phone remained deadly quiet. Just right at the minute I was about to collapse mentally and swear to be a loner for the rest of the year, there it was. The lovely tone of my phone came up and it was a lovely girl I know. Her message was so simple but so precise. The emotion among the words was so frank, open and fearless. It was that three words that can reach deep into a man’s heart and he could never forget it. And those three words were right there on the screen of my phone. I didn’t know what to say and what to do. I was totally still and just let my eye sight land on that three words: WHO ARE YOU. Yeah, I deleted her number right away and didn’t speak to her since.

Jokes aside, this year is going to be a big year for me, because I going to finish my PhD. How exciting! Although I am still struggling to get my thesis finished as soon as possible, which is very depressing, I still can help to be excited of the thoughts that I going to finished. It is like a new beginning of my life is coming, it is like a dusty old book is finally turning to the new chapter. Of course I made some new years resolutions. Personally I think it is very important for anyone of us to do it otherwise we will have nothing to regret at the end of the year. My resolutions include things such as get up earlier and go to gym more often. In order to make sure I have things to regret at the end of 2008, I added quite smoking. That ought to do it.

Happy 2008 everyone!

No comments:

[Homepage] ----- [Gallery] ----- [Guest Book] ----- [Yang's Blog Lab]