Thursday, January 31, 2008

A Cold Night

After two almost half a month, I finally got the time and the mood to write something new here. So much for my resolution of ‘keep my blog updated’. It is in the middle of a cold night here and I am sitting here typing simple because the fact that I can’t handle guilt.

I totally can’t. Nowadays, as I am and always have been a nice person, my only guilty comes from not working hard enough on my thesis. Well, in my defence, you can't be nice and hard working at the same time. See I planned to get Tuesday off originally. Because my company of the day went off sick without my permission, I decided to pick up some writing up of my thesis. As I am sitting feeling because of guilt, we all know how that writing up went. I clocked it, I spent 1 hour and 9 minutes on it. And that was it. Although I did spend some quality time evolving some other hopeless project of mine, I doubt my PhD external examiner or my boss will appreciate it. So I was sitting here can't sleep. I finally had the guts to spend another 2 hours and 95 minutes on my thesis and get something done properly. Annoyingly, I found that I left my memory stick at my office so I have to finish the work off tomorrow when I get to the office.

It is actually a difficult night for me because I am fasting! Well, last time I check, I am not Muslin yet. I am starving myself because I need to do a blood test tomorrow. I have been having this strange chest pain occasionally and the doctor thought I’d better do a check out before I get closer to God by a heart attack. Now mentioned the blood test, I can’t help to recall the time I told a friend of mine that I went to see a doctor. His first reaction was: ‘oh so you went to THAT test’? I knew what he meant but I couldn’t correct him just then. Teasing people is the only nature gift built in my gene. I asked him ‘What test?’ and he clarified as I expected ‘AIDS test’. I couldn't help to have a big laugh. First of all, there is no such routine test as ‘AIDS test’. What we have is HIV test, and even if one was HIV positive didn't mean he has AIDS. Simply speaking, HIV just destroys your immune system but won’t kill you. It is the germs that we encounter everyday then give the trouble. When those germs cause mass infection in your body, the syndrome is called AIDS. So even if one was HIV+, theoretically if he lives in a germs and virus free environment, he can live as long as everybody else. My friend is such an unprofessional gay for asking that though.

Now, I only need to figure out what to do for the rest of the night. No sleep tonight, obviously. I will need to teach tomorrow afternoon. I wish my students good luck.

No comments:

[Homepage] ----- [Gallery] ----- [Guest Book] ----- [Yang's Blog Lab]