Sunday, September 17, 2006

Jon's Theory on Relationship

It was a very lazy week. Again, I didn't do anything useful this week, not even writing a little bit more on this blog. I haven't spent Saturday night watching TV for long. As I just get the TV license renewed, I 'd abuse it a little bit. So Saturday night, I was lying on the bed, holding the remote in my hand, watching TV and getting fatter. The programs were surprisingly good though.

Today, Jon and I were talking about how come gay relationship is always harder than straight couple. He made some very sensible comments.

“I have a theory (i have a lot of theories, many of which are wrong) that the reason so many gay people do not find partners is because they have high standards about how things should be and find it hard to compromise. It's easier for men and women because women are very accepting of how men are and have other means of working things out. whereas, when you get two guys together, they are much more similar and so it's harder to work things out i have this theory because i find myself being like that. ”

I never doubt that one has to compromise in a relationship. I never agreed with the statement of “I am whom I am and don't expect me to change”. But this also means that one has to give up seeking the unrealistic idea of things in one's mind. The question is then that: do I have the courage to give up and is it the right time to do so?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is so great, i'm intested in English.

so ,i'll retour when i've time.

thanks

[Homepage] ----- [Gallery] ----- [Guest Book] ----- [Yang's Blog Lab]