Monday, May 12, 2008

Earthquake In My Hometown

There has been reported a 7.8-magnitude earthquake that took place in China (Wenchuan county, Sichuan province). It was from the province where my homo city lies. I have tried to contact my family back there but couldn’t get through any of them. I couldn’t get through any of their mobile phones. None of them were picking up their landline. I have tried their numbers over and over again but with no response at all. Eventually, I managed to talk to my granduncle done there. He sounded laid-back, saying that there was only mild disturbance in my city. But he had no idea of why I couldn’t get through others. He said the telecommunication was down for a while. Although, after my conversation with my granduncle, I still couldn’t reach any other family members.

Being told that the disturbances were mild, I felt slightly relived. It is possible that my family has decided to stay outside the buildings for the night (it is 1 am over there at the moment) as there might still be some small disturbances coming saying on the news.

Being me, I couldn’t possible stop worrying and shall try to call them again after work. Hope they are alright.

This earthquake has turned out to be a tragedy over its central area causing over 8500 death so far, many unaccounted for. Far away from my country, I could only wish the best for those affected by this devastating incident.

No comments:

[Homepage] ----- [Gallery] ----- [Guest Book] ----- [Yang's Blog Lab]